Guide's Tailwater Fly Kits *NEW for 2021*
Winter afternoons spent fishing on tailwater rivers can some of the most satisfying days of fly fishing. But without the right flies, they can leave you wanting to retire the waders until May. Tailwaters have their own ecosystems of amphipods (scuds), midges, tiny mayflies, stoneflies, and caddis. Most guides and tailwater junkies have boxes overflowing with 6 to 12, low profile patterns to fool these special trout.
Our team has years of experience fishing and guiding some of Colorado's most famous and technical tailwaters. We designed signature flies like the Guide Mayhem's, RS200's, and G-Midges to match smaller bugs on bigger hooks with materials that trigger pressured trout to eat.
Guide Flies takes the guesswork out of tailwater fly selection with our specialized kits. These flies are downsized to match the smaller insect profiles of colder months. We also select each pattern to effectively fish in tandem to maximize your odds, even when fish are feeling a little sluggish.
Dave McKenna will personally hand select each kit, so if you need a particular color or have a special request, leave a note at checkout or send us an email and we'll do our best to customize your kit!
Signature Tailwater Fly Kits Include your choice of 24, 36 or 60 flies with a varied selection of:
- Trailer Park Scuds, Olive - Tan- Pink #14-16
- Guide Mayhems, Black - Olive - Brown #18-22
- RS200's, Black - Olive - Grey #18-22
- G Midges, Black - Red - Olive #18-22
- Guide Prince Nymphs - Purple Rain - Peacock #14
- Wired Walts Worms, Caddis Green- Oyster Pink - Tan #16
- OG Rubber Leg Stoneflies, OG - Black - Golden Stone #12
- Sucker Spawn, Cream - Pink - Orange #16-18